Dale A Cohen
Dale A. Cohen concentrates her practice primarily in the area of franchise, distribution and licensing law. Ms. Cohen advises emerging and mature companies with respect to planning, structuring and implementing national and international franchise, distribution and licensing programs; drafting franchise agreements, ancillary agreements and franchise disclosure documents; securing registration of franchise offerings in the U.S. and abroad; implementing compliance programs and system-wide standards; and, advising regarding complex franchise relationship issues and disputes. She also has experience furnishing counsel on franchise-related mergers and acquisitions.
Licensed in New York and New Jersey, Ms. Cohen also has experience in general corporate law and in representing commercial clients in all phases of litigation.
Ms. Cohen is a 2012 graduate of Fordham University School of Law, where she was a member of the International Law Journal and a 2009 graduate of Emory University, where she was a member of Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society, the Dean’s List and graduated with Highest Honors.
Areas of Practice
- Franchising, Licensing and Distribution
- General Corporate Matters and Business Counseling
- Commercial Transaction
- Breach of Contract
- New York
- New Jersey
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Honors: Highest Honors
- Co-Author, "A Franchisor Is Not The Employer of Its Franchisees or Their Employees", Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 34, No. 4, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, "Rising Star" , 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Forum on Franchising)
- International Franchise Association
- American Bar Associatio, Member