Getting it done.
At Kaufmann Gildin, this is what we do. For some of the world’s largest corporations. For some of the nation’s largest law firms. For some of the most prestigious people and organizations in the arts. For some of the wealthiest individuals. And for those just beginning their journey who wish to join their ranks.
They know of Kaufmann Gildin’s unique expertise, nationwide reputation and extraordinary accomplishments in the fields of franchising; litigation and appeals; investment fraud and securities arbitration; corporate/commercial and securities transactions; theatre, film, television and the arts; real estate; and, estate planning. In these areas, our attorneys possess remarkable credentials, national renown and extraordinary experience - - all devoted to getting it done for you.
- In franchising, working with some of the nation’s largest and most prestigious franchisors, as well as innumerable start-ups, structuring or modifying their franchise networks; adducing the franchise agreements and disclosure documents necessary to achieve their goals; securing for them all required franchise registrations, both around the country and around the world; serving as their franchise counsel in some of the largest franchise mergers, acquisitions, and securitization financings ever accomplished; engaging in government and media relations to their advantage; representing them in trials, appeals and arbitrations with remarkable fervor and results; and, authoring the International Franchise Association’s seminal reference work, An Introduction to the Law of Franchising.
- In litigation, representing with zeal, experience and stunning effectiveness individuals and corporations involved in critical and high-profile legal proceedings. Kaufmann Gildin’s litigators appear in trial courts, appellate courts and arbitration forums throughout the United States. Our litigation record speaks for itself, and what it says is remarkable. And as with all other aspects of our practice, the degree of efficiency and economy which we bring to bear to litigation is extraordinary.
- In investment fraud and broker/brokerage firm defense, our partner-in-charge - - David Robbins - - literally wrote the book: the definitive “Securities Arbitration Procedure Manual” relied on daily by other lawyers, by arbitrators, by law schools and by the securities industry itself (where virtually all customer-broker disputes must be arbitrated and not litigated in court). David serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the New York Stock Exchange; FINRA Dispute Resolution, Inc. (formerly NASD Dispute Resolution, Inc.); and, the American Arbitration Association. He previously served as Director of Compliance and Director of Arbitration of the American Stock Exchange (and, before that, as a securities fraud criminal prosecutor) and has successfully represented investors, brokers, investment advisors and brokerage houses throughout the United States and around the world with remarkable success.
- In real estate, handling transactions ranging from the complex multi-million dollar sale of one of 42nd Street’s premier office buildings to negotiating leases in Rockefeller Center and major malls and shopping centers nationwide for restaurants and major retailers, while also serving as counsel to coop and condominium boards of directors and effecting acquisitions and conveyances of commercial and residential properties.
- In corporate/commercial and securities transactions, handling the most delicate and critical negotiations, whether in this country or internationally, with consummate skill and optimal results. Producing extraordinarily tight contracts that accurately reflect the ultimate deal and minimize the likelihood that litigation will ever ensue (and, if it does, ensuring that the terms of the contract itself are so well crafted that the client should prevail). Incorporating, and furnishing critical counsel to start-up companies and entrepreneurs. Servicing the needs of established companies. And representing both public and private entities in debt and equity securities offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, institutional financings, regulatory compliance matters and disclosure obligations.
- In theatre, film, TV and the arts, furnishing to motion picture and theatrical producers, directors, artists, authors and theatrical venues all of the business and legal assistance they need to achieve their artistic and business goals. From Broadway to Hollywood, Kaufmann Gildin’s entertainment attorneys possess extraordinary expertise and enjoy extraordinary reputations for knowing the “business” of show business. Whether it is serving as producers of Broadway shows, drafting all contracts and disclosure documents necessary for a Broadway production or syndication, aggressively negotiating on behalf of artists and authors, or packaging their talents in ways (and for remuneration) they never thought of, Kaufmann, Gildin, Robbins and Oppenheim’s entertainment lawyers have seen and done it all.
- In securitization financings, structuring (with co-counsel) the template for the first successful securitization of a franchisor’s royalty stream over accomplished and thereafter serving as franchise counsel in nearly every succeeding franchise securitization which has transpired in the United States.
- In estate planning, drawing on its deep knowledge of all pertinent tax, property, securities, business organization, banking, trust and real estate laws to identify those techniques and structures legally available to protect and preserve your hard earned wealth and guard it from taxation to the maximum extent possible.
Kaufmann, Gildin, Robbins and Oppenheim’s extraordinary expertise in the fields of franchising, litigation, investment fraud, real estate, corporate/commercial/securities transactions, the arts, securitization financings, and estate planning is perhaps best reflected by the treasured clients who place their trust and confidence in us when confronting significant opportunities, crises or simply everyday legal counsel and support. Among the individuals and companies whose counsel (extraordinary lawyers themselves) have selected Kaufmann, Gildin, Robbins and Oppenheim to assist them are YUM! Brands, Inc. (KFC/Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/Long John Silvers/A&W); 7-Eleven, Inc.; Hilton Hotels Corporation (Hilton Hotels/Embassy Suites/Doubletree Hotels/ Waldorf=Astoria/Hampton Inns and Suites/Homewood Suites); Donald J. Trump and The Trump Organization; television personality Bob Vila; Goldman Sachs & Co.; film and theater producer David Brown; The Miss Universe Organization; Arby’s Restaurant Group; Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (Wyndham Hotels and Resorts/Ramada Inns/Days Inns/Howard Johnson/Super 8/Travelodge); Enterprise Rent-A-Car; theatrical producer Stage Holding; The Museum of Modern Art; Ripley’s Attractions, Inc. (Ripley’s Believe It Or Not/Guinness Book of World Records); InterContinental Hotels Group plc (Holiday Inns/InterContinental Hotels/Crowne Plaza); Lacoste; and, 1-800-MATTRESS.
And it is not only companies and individuals like these - - often the largest and most prestigious in their sector - - who place their trust and confidence in Kaufmann Gildin. So, too, do some of the nation’s most prestigious law firms, who are well acquainted with Kaufmann Gildin’s unique abilities in the fields of franchising, litigation, real estate, investment fraud, entertainment, corporate/commercial transactions and securitization financing. These premier law firms entrust critical matters to Kaufmann Gildin in recognition of our firm’s specialized expertise and extraordinary ability to work with them to get the job done for the client.
But what about individuals and entities who are only beginning their journeys - - can Kaufmann Gildin help them too? Absolutely. The firm is extraordinarily devoted to its “start up” clients - - new franchisors; undiscovered or only recently emerging producers/artists/authors; brokers; start-up corporations; newly arrived entrepreneurs. Given its client roster, Kaufmann Gildin is uniquely positioned to help these individuals and entities embark on their journeys, grow and achieve their dreams.
We thank you for your interest in Kaufmann Gildin. We invite you to learn more about us and give us the opportunity to learn about you. Come visit us at our New York City offices. Read the many articles, books, newspaper columns and treatises authored by our attorneys. Watch us on television as CBS, CNN, CNBC and other news media turn to us for our expertise. See us quoted in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and other publications. Attend one of the many gatherings where Kaufmann Gildin attorneys offer their insights to business leaders; government officials; other attorneys; and, the media. Or simply call us and ask how we can help you.
At Kaufmann Gildin, getting it done is not just a catchphrase. It is our mission. It is our calling. It is our resolve.
Can we get it done for you? Let’s talk.